I have only one problem with baking a cake—I don’t stop eating until it’s all gone. My solution has always been to only make cakes for special occasions when we will have company to consume it or we give it away.
I live in a community of seniors and I love to cook. Whenever I bring my sweet tooth granddaughter home to bake, we make cupcakes or muffins and pass them out like Santa or the Easter Bunny. This teaches my granddaughter the joys of cooking and sharing, and to be moderate in her consumption of sweets.
But if you are not into baking and occasionally want a quick cupcake, try this recipe that my sister Lucy posted on Facebook.
It is called “3-2-1 Cake” and is ready in one minute.
- Begin by combining one box of Angel Food Cake mix and one box of any other flavor cake mix you choose in a large zip lock bag.
- In a custard cup combine 3 tablespoons of the dry mix and add two tablespoons of water. Stir. Place in microwave and bake 1 minute on high.
- Remove cupcake and cool for one minute.
- Add a dollop of whipping cream and enjoy. If you have a grandchild to share with then make two, but put the mix away until another day—out of sight out of mind.
- You can have your own little tea party with a sugar cube in the tea and a giggling sweetie pie beside you. Now don’t you feel like royalty?